  Train kept a'rollin'...
  That voodoo that we do...
  Day off in Munich...
  Last day in Germany
  London today, LA tomorrow ...
  Looking at you from Lowell

6/3/00 - Last night at Pine Knob...

Detroit Rocks. Always has, always will.

Last night was unforgettable, not only because it was sold out down to the last square inch of grass on the upper lawn, but it was a real opportunity to bring together REO fans and STYX fans who might not necessarily have seen the other band before. It was clear when we took the stage that there were some skeptics, which for us was like dangling dinner in front of a hungry lion. We were salivating at the opportunity to ease their minds and lead them quickly to the realization that they really were STYX fans too. By the time we finished Lady, it was one big happy family of Detroit fans. And by the end of the show, it was utter pandemonium. The audience is still ringing in my ears!

We have always cherished the opportunity to perform at Pine Knob, a venue which unquestionable makes any touring act's top 5 list of favorite places to play. The audience demands your best, settles for nothing less, and once they see that you are delivering, they reward you with the greatest ovations any artist ever got. Quite a compliment considering the rich and luscious musical history of that town. We will be talking about that show for some time to come.

As we were leaving, we could hear the cheers for REO as they continued raising the roof and no doubt recruiting STYX fans who put them through their own litmus test. It was quite clear from the thunderous roar echoing across the parking lot that REO was taking care of business, as usual. What a night!

The sun just came up as I sit here in the suite of our downtown Chicago hotel and tonight we will be at the World Music Theater performing for the band's home town crowd. It should be quite an event, with the expected 20,000 plus fans in attendance. But it hasn't happened yet. Detroit happened. I was there.

Wow!

© 2000 STYX and ArtSite Design. All original photos in site design by MARK WEISS/ANGLES

Archived Website
www.styxworld.com
Changes made based on integrity of resources