  Train kept a'rollin'...
  That voodoo that we do...
  Day off in Munich...
  Last day in Germany
  London today, LA tomorrow ...
  Looking at you from Lowell

9/8/00 - Psyche Delicacies...

Hello Friends,

It is the afternoon before our show in Marion, Ohio and we are all gathering after a 6 day break. JY is on his way from Chicago after returning from Germany yesterday morning. Soldier he is, he accepted the German promoter's invitation and went there on the break to do some advance promotion for our October tour.

I spoke to JY a couple of days ago and he was having a great time, enjoying opening the door to a country we have not visited since the early 80's. "Boat On The River" was a huge hit there, being covered by numerous European, Middle Eastern and Asian artists after its 1979 release. Odd to be known for such an obscure song, but at the same time it is great to have such a song be so successful there.

It feels like "back to school" weather. Yes, I will be 47 soon, but some sense memories stay with you forever. I feel the same way whenever I get up before the sun comes up. It feels like I am going fishing. That was my memory as a child, because when my father and I went on a serious fishing trip up to Lake Jordan, we would get up around 4:45 AM to get there at prime time. That memory is burned into my psyche and it never fails to come to me on those mornings I have to wake up to catch a plane for a show somewhere.

While I was home, I picked up the rest of the photos from the Homdel, New Jersey show that Mark Weiss photographed when we performed there this past summer. There was such a large amount of slides to be digitized, I had to leave before I could pick all of them up. The new shots you see on the front of the site are from that show. These were the individual shots of Chuck, JY, LG and myself that I noticed missing from the first batch. I hope you enjoy these.

We are zeroing in on the final version of the "Music Choice" show that is scheduled for later this month on cable television. Lawrence will go to the final edit session to offer some last minute band energy to our show. It has been quite a challenge post producing this from afar, and 90% of it has fallen on JY, who has done a great job. The man is a bottomless well of energy. We look forward to wrapping this up and letting it go before we head to Europe.

"Arch Allies," the new live CD is being manufactured now for release in a couple of weeks. Promotional posters were approved a few minutes ago and the machine is gearing up to bring this to you right on schedule. Once these two projects are complete, we will move into the DVD production phase.

It has been an amazing year for STYX so far. The tour continues to roll on and we are now releasing new recordings of the show you can take home, listen to in your car and watch on television. There are other projects in the works which we think you will enjoy, but for now this is enough to think about!

See you at the show...

© 2000 STYX and ArtSite Design. All original photos in site design by MARK WEISS/ANGLES

Archived Website
www.styxworld.com
Changes made based on integrity of resources