  Train kept a'rollin'...
  That voodoo that we do...
  Day off in Munich...
  Last day in Germany
  London today, LA tomorrow ...
  Looking at you from Lowell

10/27/00 - That voodoo that we do...

Hello Friends,

We are calling it a day here in Frankfort after on jam packed rock show in Offenbach. What a crowd! All afternoon Lawrence and I were struggling with laryngitis from the colds we picked up on tour. (Being on tour is kind of like day care with little kids--on person gets a cold and before you know it everyone has it...) All the teas and sprays and voodoo that we do for bad pipes was applied and by show time, even though we were a bit raggedy, we had one of the most amazing shows of the tour here so far. AND we recorded the performance. So cool to have this one in the can for later on down the road. There were some memorable moments for sure, especially the reception of "Boat on the River!" And "Ritual" was a stone cold groove. Can't wait to get a listen to that track...

We have more visitors from America than I ever imagined. I guess STYX touring here was all the incentive everyone needed to book a vacation to Germany. Even more are coming tomorrow! I can't blame them. It is an amazing place to visit, and I wish we had more time to get out and see the sights. My mind is on overload from just the view out the bus windows.

We are already trying to figure out what it will take to get STYX back here as soon as possible, which is probably next year. We are so right for this audience, and vice versa. Despite the fact that we have been gone for 19 years, our music still resonates in the hearts and minds of the German people, so it will be a pleasure to return...

Now for something completely different--sleep! Guten nacht!

© 2000 STYX and ArtSite Design. All original photos in site design by MARK WEISS/ANGLES

Archived Website
www.styxworld.com
Changes made based on integrity of resources